Current:Home > FinanceRobert Brown|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Zenith Investment School
Robert Brown|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Robert Brown View
Date:2025-04-06 11:55:19
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Robert Brown which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (84)
Related
- Taylor Swift Eras Archive site launches on singer's 35th birthday. What is it?
- Subway train derails in Massachusetts and injures some riders
- Jonathan Majors’ ‘Magazine Dreams’ lands theatrical release for early 2025
- Washington airman receives award after carrying injured 79-year-old hiker down trail
- Alex Murdaugh’s murder appeal cites biased clerk and prejudicial evidence
- Scammers are accessing Ticketmaster users' email accounts, stealing tickets, company says
- Over 340 Big Lots stores set to close: See full list of closures after dozens of locations added
- Watch a sailor's tears at a surprise welcome home from her dad
- How to watch the 'Blue Bloods' Season 14 finale: Final episode premiere date, cast
- Woman associated with MS-13 is sentenced to 50 years in prison
Ranking
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- Kylie Jenner walks the runway wearing princess gown in Paris Fashion Week debut
- Davante Adams landing spots: Best fits for WR if Raiders trade him
- Lionel Messi to rejoin Argentina for two matches in October. Here's what you need to know
- Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
- Are LGBTQ Jews welcome in Orthodox communities? This is how they are building spaces of their own
- As dockworkers walk out in massive port strike, the White House weighs in
- Analyzing Alabama-Georgia and what it means, plus Week 6 predictions lead College Football Fix
Recommendation
Nearly 400 USAID contract employees laid off in wake of Trump's 'stop work' order
Sabrina Carpenter Shuts Down Lip-Syncing Rumors Amid Her Short n’ Sweet Tour
Driver fatigue likely led to Arizona crash that killed 2 bicyclists and injured 14, NTSB says
'Electrifying:' Prince dancer, choreographer Cat Glover dead at 62
'Squid Game' without subtitles? Duolingo, Netflix encourage fans to learn Korean
Michael Jordan’s 23XI and a 2nd team sue NASCAR over revenue sharing model
Queen Elizabeth II Battled Bone Cancer, Former Prime Minister Boris Johnson Says
Why NCIS Alum Pauley Perrette Doesn't Want to Return to Acting